Lead Magnets: Why You Need Them and How to Use Them In 2021
- What are lead magnets?
- Benefits of using them
- Types of lead magnet
- Lead magnets that convert
- Steps to create a lead magnet that converts
- How to get people to opt-in
- Do’s and Don’ts
Lead magnets. What are they and how do you use them?
We mention lead magnets frequently in our posts although you might be more familiar with us using the term “freebie”. That’s basically what a lead magnet is, a freebie you offer as an incentive in exchange for information from your website visitors.
- It attracts people who are already searching for ways to improve their website. It caters to the need to improve website performance.
- The lead magnet gives them a way to fix this by offering the person who fills in their information free advice to fix the problem. A quick win.
- The report is not automated, it is written by an expert, not a machine. This communicates value by showing that an expert is willing to offer up their time for free to help the potential customer.
- The report allows the expert to communicate their knowledge and experience through the report
- The report presents an opportunity for the expert to offer their services to implement the recommendations
Why Do You Need to Be Using Lead Magnets?
Lead Magnets Build Trust and Authority
Common Types Of Lead Magnet
1. Books and eBooks
- How X Tripled Its Sales In Just 1 month
- This Health Club Member Lost X Weight With This Simple Habit
Lead Magnets That Convert
1. They Offer Immediate Value
2. They Invite Repeated Usage
3. They Stay Evergreen
Steps To Create An Evergreen Lead Magnet
Step 1 – Identify Customer Pain Points
Step 2 – Identify Your Customer ‘Wins’
Step 3 – Decide What You Want Them To Do Next
What Should Your Lead Magnet’s Landing Page Look Like?
Keep it simple.
- What: Get tailored website recommendations from an expert
- Benefit: Improve your website’s performance with actionable insights
- How to get it: Just provide your email address and website URL and we’ll send your tailored review to your inbox
How To Get People To Sign Up
Organic Social Media
Paid Social Media
Summary Do’s And Don’ts
- Use an evergreen lead magnet
- Create an offering that has considerable value
- Provide your potential customers with a lead magnet that offers an instant win
- Use a wide range of platforms to promote your lead magnet
- Make sure your landing page is optimised
- Keep it short and simple
- Make it clear what you want your potential customers to do (i.e. book a call, use a discount code)
- Avoid seasonal lead magnets where possible
- Offer something that takes a while to benefit
- Offer something that needs overhauling regularly
- Rely on organic social media to get you results unless you have a large following
- Overcomplicate the landing page